Does not work after firmware update (SP3-101)
First check the battery. A player in the locked state drains the battery so you may think you have a fresh
battery when in fact the battery is dead.
For one reason or another, the updater program was not able to install the required drivers on your computer. Follow these instructions to manually install the drivers, which should allow your computer to find the locked up SweetPea3 and update the firmware.
- Open Device Manager Windows XP - Click Start button (lower left of screen) then "Run...". Type "devmgmt.msc" and press Enter. Windows Vista - Click Start button (lower left of screen). Type "devmgmt.msc" in the search box and press Enter.
- Plug in the SweetPea3 (with no battery)
- Right click on "Player Recovery Device Class" within the Device Manager and select "Update Driver..."
- Allow Windows to connect to Windows Update and install software automatically. It can take several minutes for Windows to locate and update the drivers.
- Close the Device Manager
- Run the Firmware updater program again with the "Format Data Area" box enabled. The updater can be found here.
- Unplug from the computer and replace the battery. The SweetPea3 should run and show "No Music".
- Plug in again to the computer and drag and drop music back to your SweetPea3 using Windows Explorer