Firmware Update (SP3-101)
The SweetPea Toy Company is committed to providing you with the latest enhancements and bug fixes
for your SweetPea3.
This firmware update is only applicable to SweetPea3 Player model SP3-101 (see the back label on the SweetPea3)
Firmware version 001.007.001 (Apr 8, 2009)
It is strongly recommended to update the firmware on your SweetPea3 to prevent problems in the future. Updating with the latest firmware will also fix your SweetPea3 if it is currently locked up.
This firmware update provides the following fixes and enhancements.
- fixes a potential lockup issue due to the memory getting corrupted
- increases the headphone volume
- allows separate control of speaker and headphone volume
Follow these instructions to update your SweetPea3
Windows Vista and XP
- The updater program will erase all the songs on your SweetPea3 so it is important to backup all your songs to your computer before proceeding
- Click on this link to download the updater program. SweetPea3 Updater
- Run the program
- Remove the battery from your SweetPea3. Plug your SweetPea3 into the USB port of your computer. If Windows asks you to install player recovery class drivers, say yes and allow Windows to connect to Windows Update and install software automatically. It can take several minutes for Windows to locate and update the drivers. It is not necessary to reboot the computer, even if Windows asks. If Windows asks you which program you want to use to open the device, click Cancel
- The updater program should show the current firmware version and the upgrade firmware version (001.006.000). Enable the box marked "Format Data Area". Click Start
- When complete, unplug the SweetPea3 and replace the battery
- Replace the songs by dragging and dropping from Windows Explorer
A native Mac solution, unfortunately, will not be possible. Your options are to find a PC to perform this update, install a copy of Windows on your Mac using BootCamp or an emulator like Parallels or send it in to us to do the update for you.Go Back